What is the HubSpot COS and why do they call it that?
In mainstream website lingo, the acronym CMS is what stands for content management system. The most widely known CMS is likely WordPress. It is free and provides developers with a wealth of options and "plug-ins" for added features.
The HubSpot acronym COS stands for content optimization system. It could still be considered a CMS but it goes far beyond that. The HubSpot COS is created to work in harmony with their full suite of marketing automation tools and to make sure everything is optimized to be friendly with search engines and social media. The optimization tools are created to support your digital marketing efforts and automated marketing strategies.
Let's look at a few of the things the COS can help you manage and keep optimized:
- Your website and all of its site pages
- Your blog articles individually as indexed pages
- Your SMART forms and SMART text
- Your emails and email marketing efforts
- Your social media content and posts
Some important features to consider when looking at building your website on the HubSpot COS are intangibles but very critical nonetheless:
- The support you will receive not only from HubSpot but from the community at large. We are a partner agency and yes, may be a bit biased, but when it comes to getting something fixed on your website, time is of the essence. The support is extraordinary and comes with a group of fun and enthusiastic supporters.
- Features and add-ons are generally included. As things get better and improvements are made, you will have them installed and available to you without additional costs.
- There is a marketplace where you can find an abundance of templates to help you through any project. Site pages, emails, landing pages, thank you pages or even complete website set-ups are available if you want to save time and energy.