Social Media Marketing Intern
Basic requirements include: great communication skills, solid writing skills, over the top social skills, gregarious enthusiasm and fun to be around.
Interns are expected to have experience with social media on (at least) a personal level (use on a business level preferred). You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Interns must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, strong editing skills
- Creativity with an eye for design
- Ability to develop a detailed and professional marketing plan
- Knowledge of digital media software – Photoshop or other graphic design software, etc. is preferred
- Knowledge of video editing software – iMovie, Final Cut, or Windows Live Movie Maker is a plus
- Knowledge of social media – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, blogs, etc.
- Willingness to create video blogs, write press releases and Facebook posts daily
- Energetic with a desire to come up with fresh ideas on how to grow our online presence
- Ability to identify a buyer persona and “speak” to that consumer through social media
- Experience in proofreading and editing
- Ability to contribute individually and participate in cross-functional teams
- Creating new profiles and pages (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.)
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates, etc.
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our business
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Report findings to the team
- Consistently learn and grow, ask pertinent questions
- Ability to create and upload Twitter & YouTube backgrounds – minor video editing skills are a plus